Jaguar Battery Replacement
When you consider all of the various parts and components of your Jaguar vehicle, one of the most vital is unfortunately also one of the most overlooked and neglected. Whether it’s your headlights, heated seats, stereo, navigation system, or backup camera — your battery is responsible for powering all of the creature comforts and essential functions of your Jaguar. Jaguar Easton has created this informative guide which explains a few steps you can take to preserve or extend the life of your battery. If your battery is in need of attention, you can also count on our team of factory-trained technicians to give your vehicle the attention it deserves.
Battery Maintenance Tips
- Locate and inspect the date code listed on your battery. This code starts with a digit and a letter; 17 would indicate 2017 and is followed by a number denoting the month A being January, B being February, and so on. The older your battery is, the greater odds that it might need to be replaced.
- Make sure to turn off the radio, headlights, and interior lights when not in use. Leaving them off helps prevent excessive battery drain and extend the lifespan of the battery.
- Look for and remove corrosion around battery terminal posts (+/-). Corrosion buildup can be a symptom of a dying or weakening battery.
- Tighten any loose clamps or cables around battery terminals.
- Take into consideration the climate that you live in. Higher temperature climates have a more severe impact on battery life than colder climates do.
Signs and Symptoms of a Dying Battery
- Slow or delayed cranking when you start your vehicle.
- Excessive corrosion buildup around battery terminal posts.
- Dimming of interior or exterior lights during normal operation.
- Check Battery dashboard indicator light or warning appears on your dashboard.
Why Buy Car Batteries at Jaguar Easton
Complimentary Battery Test and Inspection
If your battery has been acting up lately, we invite you to visit our Service Center and get your battery inspected at no cost to you. Our team of factory-trained Jaguar technicians can perform a battery test, remove any corrosion from battery terminals, install a replacement battery, and properly recycle your old battery.
Genuine Jaguar Parts and Certified Service Technicians
Your Jaguar was engineered to operate with a specific battery type. Jaguar Easton has an extensive selection of Genuine Jaguar batteries which are designed to the exact specifications of your vehicle. Certified technicians will install your battery using specialized tools, parts, and diagnostic equipment. You’ll be able to drive with total confidence from the knowledge that your Jaguar will continue to deliver years of reliable performance.