2020 Jaguar XE Review with Specs, Prices & Photos
- Starting at $39,900 MSRP*
- Two Ingenium four-cylinder gasoline engines available making 247- and 296HP, badged P250 and P300 respectively
- Enhanced exterior design with new front and rear bumpers, new grille design, and premium all-LED headlights and tail lights
- All-new luxurious interior features beautiful details, premium materials, and standard leather upholstered seats
- New optional Jaguar InControl® Touch™ Pro Duo infotainment system and 12.3-inch interactive driver display
- New optional ClearSight Rear View Mirror
- Lightweight aluminum-intensive body construction with double wishbone front and integral link rear suspension
- Available Smart Settings technology featuring artificial intelligence
About the 2020 Jaguar XE
Although competition among compact luxury sedans has never been stronger, the all-new 2020 Jaguar XE is positioned to challenge even the most formidable rivals in its segment with its dynamic new styling, a reimagined interior, and groundbreaking technological breakthroughs. Uniquely Jaguar, the all-new XE sports new front and rear bumpers, a bold front grille, along with premium LED headlamps and taillights. The end result? The most purposeful and assertive Jaguar XE to date.
Inside, the all-new XE has a redesigned premium interior that’s centered around driver engagement and comfort. Redesigned door panels, center console sides, the upper instrument panel, and the top section of the dashboard each come wrapped in upscale finishes. The 2020 XE can be optioned with the InControl Touch™ Pro Duo infotainment system which incorporates features found in the all-electric Jaguar I-PACE for unparalleled connectivity. A condensed model lineup helps make it simple for every driver to find the Jaguar XE that’s perfectly matched to their lifestyle and driving preferences.
What the Critics Say
Jaguar XE Features
Evoking the iconic appearance of Jaguar sedans, the 2020 XE has a commanding presence and bold styling that separates it from your typical luxury sedan. Inspired by the F-TYPE sports car, the all-new XE wears slim LED headlights and taillights for uninhibited visibility. Both standing still and at speed, its updated front end with a distinctive front grille and new bumper give the XE a confident appearance. XE R-Dynamic trims feature a sport-focused R-Dynamic Body Kit which emphasizes its specialized performance capabilities. 7 individual wheel options and 12 different exterior color choices allow you to tailor the appearance of the Jaguar XE to match your tastes.
Drivers can choose between two Ingenium engines on the 2020 XE, each engineered to blend exhilaration with impressive fuel economy. Producing either 247 or 296 horsepower, these potent 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engines give you plenty of power to invigorate your commute. An optional Dynamic Handling Pack inspires your drive with Adaptive Dynamics, Configurable Dynamics, 350mm front brakes, and a trunk lid spoiler. JaguarDrive Control includes Comfort, Eco, Dynamic, and Rain/Ice/Snow driving modes for a personalized ride. Its available All-Wheel Drive system incorporates Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) software to allocate power between the wheels for perfected handling across all types of road conditions. Taking cues from the F-TYPE sports car, the XE includes a sophisticated double wishbone front suspension.
Combining elegant design and upscale refinement with driver-focused support, the cabin of the 2020 Jaguar XE reflects traditional British craftsmanship. With a length of 184.2 inches and a width of 77.4 inches (mirrors folded), you’ll ride in complete comfort, even with three adult passengers sitting in the rear. Bespoke features available inside the XE include sleek modern finishes and veneers, high-quality leathers, and a selection of color themes. An advanced Cabin Air Ionization system features a coated evaporator to help improve air quality. Innovative storage bins make it simple to store all of life’s necessities such as phones, bottles, or small bags. Personalize the atmosphere of the interior to match your mood with available Configurable Ambient Lighting.
Practicality & Safety
Designed to accommodate everyday life, the Jaguar XE offers room for all of your belongings with standard split-folding rear seats. Are your hands full of shopping bags? Opening the trunk is easier than ever with the available Powered Gesture Trunk Lid. Every XE comes standard with advanced driver assistance technologies to keep you prepared for the unexpected. Examples of these standard features include a Rear Camera, Lane Keep Assist, Emergency Braking, Cruise Control and Speed Limiter, and a Driver Condition Monitor. Select the available Park Pack and you’ll enjoy Park Assist, a 360-degree Parking Aid, and Rear Traffic Monitor for extra assistance in crowded parking lots. Opt for the available Drive Pack to receive Adaptive Cruise Control, High-Speed Emergency Braking, and Blind Spot Assist.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $39,900 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder Engine with 247 horsepower, RWD
- Grained Leather 12-way Electric Front Seats with 2-way Manual Headrests
- 10-inch Touch Pro™ with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- Premium LED Headlights with Signature DRL and Auto High Beam Assist
- Heated Electric Door Mirrors
XE S AWD
- Starting at $41,900 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder Engine with 247 horsepower
- All-Wheel Drive system with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) software
- Lane Keep Assist, Rear Camera, and Front & Rear Parking Aids
- 18-inch Style 1022, 15 Spoke Wheels
- Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Starting at $46,295 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder Engine with 296 horsepower
- Perforated Grained Leather 12-way Electric Front Sport Seats with 2-way Manual Headrests and Contrast Stitching
- R-Dynamic bumper, side sills, badging, and rear valence
- R-Dynamic branded leather steering wheel
- 18-inch 10 split-spoke ‘Style 1049’ with Gloss Black Diamond Turned finish
*Price shown is Base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes $995 destination/handling charge and may include optional equipment but excludes, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
**All figures are EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary.